Performance Samples release Solos of the Sea Solo Violin B for Kontakt
Performance Samples have released Solos of the Sea Solo Violin B for Kontakt. This is the second of the developer’s Solos of the Sea Instruments continues on the Con Moto series trajectory with active-bow sustains with Solo Violin B clearly focused on delivering loud, ff dynamic and heavy slurred legatos in this specialized solo violin instrument.
Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin B is a very simple solo legato instrument. This library explores a fairly specific sound: a loud, ff-esque dynamic with heavily slurred legatos. You can trigger even more dramatic portamento legatos by playing hard velocities on certain idiomatic intervals. In addition, this release also has same-note bow-change repetition samples which can be triggered by repeating notes with the sustain pedal pressed down.
- Solo violinist
- One dynamic layer (in the territory of ff)
- Slurred pitch-memory legato, recorded con moto (with movement in the bowing and vibrato)
- Dramatic portamento legato, triggered by playing velocity 100-127 on upwards-intervals of P4-P8
- Same-note bow-change repetitions, triggered by repeating notes with the sustain pedal pressed down
- “Active-bow” sustains (non-static longs that move and evolve while simultaneously maintaining the dynamic/timbre)
- Short, responsive release samples
- One mic position – recorded at a moderately close distance in a hall with a stereo pair
- 48kHz / 24bit
- NCW-compressed, ~517.2 MB total
- Built for Kontakt 5.8.1 and above – full, retail version of Kontakt required
- Download via Continuata
After checking out the first instrument in the series, Solos of the Sea Solo Violin A we have been eagerly awaiting the new releases in the series. We’ll get a review video together ASAP. See the SLR First Look of Solos of the Sea Solo Violin A