Performance Samples release Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin A
We heard the amazing demos a couple weeks ago and now the wait is over!
This looks to be the first of the Solo String libraries in the series along the lines of the Con Moto series.
The library is available at the intro price of $99 USD through September 30th, 2018 (regular $139 USD).
Demos and some details below.
Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin A is a very simple solo legato instrument.
The library continues along the lines of the unfolding Con Moto series with ‘active-bow’ sustains and legatos recorded con moto (with motion). The latter is here expanded upon with a ‘pitch-memory’ adaptation, which helps minimize a musician’s susceptibility to timbral variation between sustain and shorter legato assets.
Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin A features one Solo violinist.
- One dynamic layer (in the territory of mf-f).
- Bow-change pitch-memory legato, recorded con moto (with movement in the bowing and vibrato).
- “Active-bow” sustains (non-static longs that move and evolve while simultaneously maintaining the dynamic/timbre).
- Short, responsive release samples
- One mic position – recorded at a moderately close distance in a hall with a stereo pair.
- 48kHz / 24bit.
- NCW-compressed, ~175 MB total.
- Built for Kontakt 5.5.1 and above – full, retail version of Kontakt required.
- Download via Continuata.
More information: Performance Samples